Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprises
Syska Hennessy Group is a proponent for Minority Owned Business Enterprises (MBEs), Women-Owned Business Enterprises (WBEs) and small businesses.
We help our clients meet–and often exceed–their goals for the utilization of M/WBEs on projects.
All subcontracting during the life of Syska’s contracts is required to be commensurate with the efficient and economic performance of the specific contract. As part of our outreach program, we make every effort to ensure that small and small disadvantaged business concerns firms targeted for utilization have an equal opportunity to compete for subcontracts. Our internal subcontracting policies correspond meet Federal guidelines for the Utilization of Minority Owned Business Enterprises and Women-Owned Business Enterprises.
Whenever practicable, good faith efforts are made to achieve – and exceed – our subcontracting goals utilizing tools including:
- Department of Commerce Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA)
- Department of Defense small business directories
- National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (NCAIED)
- Regional minority purchasing councils and business directories
- SB/DB/WOB trade associations
- SBA’s Pro-Net service
- Syska’s in-house database of pre-qualified SB, SDB and WOB firms
Prior to being invited to bid on available task order work, potential subcontractors are identified and pre-qualified according to a range of criteria, including:
- Trade specialty or discipline
- Project type experience (e.g. critical facilities experience)
- Project size capability
- Financial strength
- Regional coverage
- Past performance references
Overall, Syska’s record of subcontracting to W/MBEs and all small businesses is excellent. We receive high marks from our customers for our outreach efforts, for our screening and selection of capable businesses, and for meeting, and often exceeding, commitments to small businesses.